Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Hats off to Allen, Splinter Cell

Paul Allen has finally created a private space ship and launced it successfully. I am very excited about that and very much into the space exploration (parts of it). The age old question: Is one of the founders of Microsoft rich enough to make a spaceship?--has finally been answered. Yes, apparently that is true with 20-something million dollars and a crew of dedicated employees (who must be highly educated and hopefully getting paid good money). Hats off to Allen and crew, and that pilot who is the first pilot/astronaut.

I am very excited to pick up a copy of the hit game Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. Not the newest sequel game, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow, but the first one, plain old Splinter Cell. But I hear it is far from plain, with some of the best graphics and game plots around; and it isn't that old either. Unless a year is really that old.

I am looking for a copy of that game on Gamecube. If I had my choice, I would have an XBOX, but it was not up to me.

A few years ago, I entered a Bomberman Contest on Bolt.com and a few months later found out I had won a Bomberman Game and a Gamecube! It is the only thing I've won on the internet and I still can't believe how lucky I was to win it.

Reading a review of Splinter Cell on Gamecube (www.gamezone.com), I heard the graphics were slightly less amazing than the XBOX version, but it had its own unique traits and advantages. They still said it was one of (probably the best) games on Gamecube you could buy. So it seems to be an all around good deal. I shall try to get it from Blockbuster because I have these little $10 Gift Cards lying around and I want to use them sometime.

1 comment:

S said...

well.. hi. saw your entry in kidsmc. and ur a day earlier than me! hehe i have a blog too, check it out. ^^