Saturday, June 26, 2004

Nothing Short of Brilliance

Sorry to interupt the Web Comic thing, but Part Two will not be today. I just picked up Splinter Cell on Gamecube and it is nothing short of brilliance.

I told you earlier I was going to try and get rid of my blockbuster cards and get it at blockbuster. I called up local blockbusters (4 of them) and none of them had it for sale. I called up Office Depot, and they told me about a nearby store called GameStop. I sure have been missing out. They have a decent selection of games and from now on I will try to go there to get my games.

A little on GameStop: the store I went to was small, but had a decent selection for XBOX, PlayStation 2, and Gamecube. They sell new games (obviously), new systems, and also some used and refurbished items. If you want to save a few bucks for a recent game, buy it used. There was used XBOXs and PS2s for around $120-140 which is decent. If I had that kind of money, I'd get one. I do believe an XBOX would be an upgrade over my Gamecube.

Not to diss my Gamecube either, it is small and compact and is reliable. It plays fine and keeps me anti-social. And that's a good thing, isn't it? But XBOX has better graphics and better games overall.

Back to Splinter Cell!

Nothing short of brilliance, I could say it all day. But I'd rather not, I'd rather play the game all day. Or night. It is a covert-spy game and I can't wait to see how it looks when I play it at night in dark sorroundings.

Go get it if you don't have it already.

No comments: